Monday, June 30, 2014

Cleaning Frenzy Before Surgery

It's just about 10 days before my surgery, and I seem to be on a bit of a cleaning frenzy.  This is VERY unlike me.  Housework is my least favorite activity, as I don't do it well or get much enjoyment from it.  However, in the past week or so I have started cleaning the house in nooks and crannies that haven't been touched in months.  Is this normal behavior?

I researched this a little, and found that cleaning is a stress reliever for many people.  Others I have talked to have felt the need to clean before they go in for surgery.  Expectant moms often find themselves cleaning their houses more than usual.  Also, people getting ready to go on a trip will get everything in order before they leave.  My conclusion is that cleaning to relieve stress is normal.

I started polishing all the silver trophies we have displayed in the house, from our horse racing days.  I HATE polishing silver, but feel compelled to do it (once I did the first one), and will finish that task today.  I also plan to dust my paperweight collection and crystal animals that have been gathering dust for way too long. The house should be spotless by the time Marcos and his wife, my occasional cleaning crew come on Thursday.  They will clean showers, floors and all the tasks I really hate.

So, if you come over to see me after my surgery, you'll be coming into a nice, clean house.  The carpets are clean, the house if spotless, and even Pepper has had a bath.  How long will it stay that way?  Not long, but at least it's kept me occupied for the two weeks before surgery.  I've got to keep busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment