Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spaghetti Casserole

I get tired of eating the same of dinners week in and week out.  I was trying to come up with a new twist on using up chicken and veggies the other night.  What I made was quite delicious, so I thought I would share it with you.  I made enough for about six people, so I froze half of it and will eat it in a few weeks.  This recipe can be varied in so many ways.

                                                                  Spaghetti Casserole

2 ounces whole wheat pasta (I used spaghetti)
1/2 pound cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesean cheese, grated
1 tsp. olive oil
cauliflower and broccoli florets , cooked
1 can cooked tomatoes, drained
2 chicken breasts, cut in pieces, and cooked

Cook pasta, drain, add 1 tsp. olive oil, and set aside.  Spray a casserole dish with non stick spray, and add all the ingredients to the casserole, but reserve half of the cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top.  Mix well, top with the cheese, then bake for 30 minutes in 350 degree oven, or until bubbly.  You can alter this recipe by using jack cheese instead of cheddar and by using various veggies.  I used broccoli and cauliflower because that's what I had on hand.  You could use mushrooms, green beans, onions, green chiles, just about anything.  I stretched it out by adding extra veggies, but you can just use a small amount of vegetables and load up on the chicken, if that's what you like.  It's a good, hearty dinner for a cold winter night.  Serve with a nice salad for a complete meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment