Friday, March 23, 2018

Wasabi: Good Sushi Near Home

It's so important to find some good restaurants near home.  I've been looking for three years, since I moved to Ocean Hills.  There are a few restaurants I like, but nothing that I really love.  As far as sushi, one of my favorite meals, I had not found anything I liked until today.  I stopped in at a small shopping center on Melrose, and ate at Wasabi, a sushi and Japanese restaurant just minutes from my home.  Finally, a place I will go back to!

Prices are great.  For $12.95 I had the following combo:  miso soup, garden salad, 1 specialty roll (I had a spider roll) and one traditional roll(I had a rainbow roll).  I was stuffed after all that.  Everything was fresh and delicious.  Wasabi has all the typical sushi items, including many specialty rolls of their own.  They also have rice bowls and lots of tempura dishes.  That means that I can even take Ron there for dinner.  Ron doesn't eat sushi, so unless the restaurant has a good selection of tempura, he's not interested.

I'm sorry I won't be going back to my old favorite in Carlsbad, Kushi (Avenida Encinitas and Poinsettia), but Wasabi is so close and so good.  It's great to find good places in the neighborhood.  I'm just sorry it took so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment