Friday, November 16, 2018

Blintze Casserole=Brunch Favorite

I was having David's family and some friends for brunch, and I wanted to serve something that was quick and easy.  I wanted to spend my time with my guests, not in the kitchen.  I made a long time favorite, blintz casserole, and everyone raved.  Here was the menu:  Frozen blintz egg casserole served with sour cream and jam, vanilla flavored Greek yogurt with granola and fresh fruit, Cherry and cheese danish, coffee and juice.  I had some leftovers, which I enjoyed the following day for lunch and froze the rest of the extra blintzes for a later meal.  Here's the quick and easy recipe of the blintze casserole.

                                       Blintze Casserole

2 packages of Golden cheese filled blintzes, frozen
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup orange juice + orange rind
4 eggs
2 T. melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 T real vanilla extract
cinnamon sugar mixture to sprinkle on top

Place 12 frozen blintzes side by side in a pyrex dish.  Blend all ingredients except the cinnamon sugar mixture, and pour over blintzes.  Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.  Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until dish is puffed up and golden brown.  Let dish rest for 5-10 minutes, then serve with sour cream and jam.  If you like, you could use flavored Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.  It is always a crowd pleaser, and so easy to make.  Serves 6-8 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment