Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Toast Gastrobrunch Is Great

Unfortunately Pisco didn't make it in Carlsbad, but  I'm quite sure the new restaurant, Toast Gastrobrunch will.  I was there on a rainy Saturday morning at 10am, and there was a 30 minute wait.  Not much has changed on inside.  The booths remain, and the high top tables (which is what most of the remaining tables are) are new, and bright.  What's changed is the kitchen.  They've gone from Peruvian food to very fine  breakfast and brunch food.  I  really loved the menu and what I ate was delicious, and what I saw others eating looked delicious.

Everything is made from scratch, from the fresh roasted veggies used in some dishes, to the home made batter for french toast.  Fran and I shared strawberry toast, one of several toast option on the menu.  A thick slice of toasted bread spread with ricotta cheese, then topped with fresh strawberries and some seasoning.  Very delicious, and good to split.  They also have the classic avocado toast, and several other toast selections.  We ordered the spicy chilequilles, which was delicious, but just a bit too spicy for me.  Pancakes and french toast looked amazing, as did the egg dishes.  Toast also offers many alcoholic and non alcoholic specialty drinks, in addition to good, rich, coffee.

I didn't know it before going there, but they are part of Open Table, so you can make a reservation on line.  I highly suggest that, and will do so in the future.  It's great to have a new breakfast/brunch spot in Carlsbad with a fresh, modern menu, takes reservations and has great parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment