Monday, October 14, 2019

Talk To Me

I walked into Starbucks in Solana Beach one Friday morning and was greeted by a nice young man who leaned forward and said, "Talk to me."  That greeting immediately put a smile on my face.  He took my order, and when my phone was scanned for payment and my name came up, he called me by name.  I told him how enjoyable he had made my ordering experience.  He was happy to hear that.

I told him that it was so nice to see someone who loved their job, and strived to be the best at it.  He thanked me, and said that I was probably his 200th customer of the day, but that he was my 1st barista of the day, and that my interaction with him should be as good as the first person he served this morning.  He made the experience so enjoyable that I felt compelled to write this blog.

No matter what your job is, it's your choice to make what you want of it.  You can be a star at any job you do, and this young man certainly has made himself a barista his customers will remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment