Friday, March 20, 2020

How To Keep Your Sanity During The Coronavirus

As it appears more certain that social distancing, school and restaurant closures, and just about every form of entertainment will continue for quite a while, we all have to find our own way of keeping productive, fit and involved.  So far, my plan is working for me.

I have always been very organized, making "To do" lists and the like, and I am continuing to do that now.  I have a daily schedule of things I want to do, in no particular order, but if I do everything I put on the list, I will have accomplished a lot and another day will be put to bed.

Here is a typical day for me:

7:30am  walk pepper
8:00 make breakfast and coffee and enjoy while reading on line NY Times and e-mail. 
8:30-9:30 read (just finished The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich and am now reading Deacon King Kong by James McBride)
9:30 get Ron up and dressed and get his breakfast
10:00 help Ron arrange work for the day (he's doing tax returns)
10:30 Watch a Netflix show (just finishing Pandemic, a six part series.  How appropriate!)
11:30 Make lunch and eat
1:00 Take Pepper on a 3 mile walk
2:00  Free time-write a blog, talk to friends, text, clean garage, drawers, closets, etc.  (I'm working on the garage right now)
4:00  Play on line bridge on BBO with a friend (I could do that for several hours, but I don't)
5:00  Watch news
5:30  Make dinner and eat
7:30  Another short walk for Pepper
8:00  TV time with Ron and then bed

That's a pretty full and productive day!  Lots of exercise, some interaction with social friends by text or on line bridge, entertainment and conversation with Ron, and some cooking

I'm doing a lot of cooking these days.  Today I made a brisket, pickled beets, chicken salad, and a batch of oatmeal cookies.  I will take some food to my old, single neighbor who is not doing well.

We will all get through this.  Keep yourself busy, find new was to interact with others, find new things to do.  I'm texting a lot with my 8 year old granddaughter, which I don't usually do.  Stay safe everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment