Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Reflections

 The start of the of Jewish New Year has always been a time of reflection for me.  2020 has been a hum dinger, so I've got a lot to reflect on.  Ron's health started to decline early in 2020, so most of my time was spent caring for him.  We did celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in grand style on March 8, just days before our state was shutdown.  That is a day I will never forget, and I reflect on it often.  How many couples get to celebrate 50 years together?  What a happy day that was!

I reflect on how our family came together during Ron's illness, supported one another, and supported me.  I smile when I think about that.  I reflect on how alone I felt on the night Ron died, even though I was completely prepared for it.  You can speculate on what it will feel like, but until it happens to you, you don't really know.

I reflect on how Covid-19 has changed our lives for a long, long, time, and how that will impact my life going forward.  I am keeping very busy right now, with books, bridge, pickleball, golf and swimming, and visiting my mom in LA about once a month.  I would love to travel, meet new people and who knows what else, but that won't happen for quite a while,

I not only reflect on the past year at the start of the Jewish New Year, but I plan for the coming year.  That is hard to do right now.  For this year, my plans will be day to day.  No one knows what is to come.  The uncertainty about the future includes not only what will happen with Covid-19, but  the political future of this country, and what direction it will take.  That is very uncertain too.

No comments:

Post a Comment