Friday, October 29, 2021

Do You Really Know Your Neighbors?

 As I walk around my neighborhood, I love to look at the landscaping.  I never realized that one's outdoor decor and landscaping could be sending a signal to passersby.  Someone hit me with the information recently that gnomes in the front landscape may indicate that the couple inside are swingers.  I confirmed this by talking to others and by researching this bizarre topic.

There's a realtor in North County San Diego, specifically Carlsbad, that posted this information on line.  She had clients looking at property in a family friendly community in Carlsbad and found out that there were many swingers in the area, all identifying themselves as such by gnomes in the front yard.  Who knew?  

Next time you take a walk, you may want to be on watch for gnomes.  Now let me be clear, there are other reasons for adding a gnome to your lawn decor, but it could be a sign of what's going on behind closed doors.  Upon further digging, I found that there are other signals that a couple may be identifying themselves as swingers.

White landscaping rocks, pampas grass, pineapple door knockers, plastic pink flamingos and of course gnomes may all indicate that swingers are looking for action.

Don't be fooled by the community.  This exists in family friendly areas, senior communities, and very upscale areas alike.  Who knew?


No comments:

Post a Comment