Friday, November 19, 2010

Another Foodie in the Family

I seldom write about my children on this blog, although that would be fun, but probably only interesting to me and them. But here are a few words about three wonderful young men.

Brian is 43 years old, married and the father of 5 month old twin boys. He's a CPA, inheritance tax referee for the state of California, and in his spare time umpires Little League baseball. I've known him since he was 2 years old. (he's Ron's son from his first marriage), and have always loved him as if he were my own. I feel lucky to have such dependable young man as the oldest.

Dave is 37 years old and one of those people that always lights up a party. He's a financial consultant for J.P. Morgan, a high school and college umpire, and an amateur chef. He's funny, witty and just great to be around. He's always there to cheer me up.

Phil is 32 years old, married and the father of 16 month old Lennon, COO of Evol Foods, rock climber and gourmet cook. I call him my Renaissance man. His business has led him into the world of organic foods, sustainable produce and environmental concerns. Recently he has started a blog to discuss such matters, and I think many of you foodies will enjoy it. It is www.foodiephilosophy.com. He writes a few times a week about issues related to the production of healthy foods and restaurants and observations he makes from his extensive travel. Check it out and see what you think. I hope you like it.

So that's my family. Three great young men, two wonderful daughters-in-law (I'll leave them for another day) and three adorable grandchildren. You already know my husband Ron better you ever thought you would due to my Monday blogs, so now you've met the whole family. I feel very lucky to have each and every one of them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment