Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bargains Galore


I've never seen such online frenzy as I have this year. Discounts abound, and every time I think I've found the best deal something else comes along. Luckily Hanukkah is early this year, so while most of you are out shopping I'll be enjoying my holiday gifts and relaxing at home.

Actually, there's no reason to hit the stores anymore anyway. Everything can be done online. However, there's a certain type of person that still likes the maddness of Black Friday. I was in LA last week for Thanksgiving, and on Wednesday afternoon while shopping at Ralphs, I noticed a line of a dozen or so young men in front of Best Buy. They had sleeping bags, chairs and tents, and were waiting for the store to open at 4am Thursday morning. On Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, I went car shopping with my mom. The saleswoman had just returned from 8 hours of shopping. She had been to 5 different stores, and bought a huge TV, camera, and who knows what else. I guess people are starting to spend.

I went to Target yesterday to buy gifts for my 5 month old twin grandsons, but the only price reduction was their standard 5% discount. This morning I looked online and there are all kinds of major discounts on toys. As I said before, I think I have the best deal, then a better deal pops up. It's kind of what I've always said about the stock market. It's impossible to time buys and sells to get the lowest and highest price.

I have a new coupon website to share with you. Go to www.couponcabin.com. They have coupons for all the major stores, Sears, Target, K Mart, Wal Mart, JC Penney, Amazon, Ann Taylor, and some other specialty stores. Whenever you buy on line you see a box that asks for the "promotional code." This is where couponcabin.com comes in. You put in the code and save money. I haven't done it yet, as I have finished my shopping, but I will save in my Favorites and use it next time I shop for something online.

Maybe the economy is turning around. I'm no economist but I know that if people are getting out and spending, especially spending on luxury items, it's a good sign. I wish you all a happy holiday season, and happy shopping. No reason to brave the cold. You can do everything from the comfort of your desktop. Stay warm and relaxed and help the economy. Now that's a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment