Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Nibble

www.thenibble.com is my favorite new website. I might have mentioned it a few weeks ago, but I just recently had time to peruse the site. Thank you Barbara, for recommending it. Anyone interested in food trends, gourmet news, nutrition and recipes will get lost in this website, as I did.

The site is an offspring of Gourmet Magazine, so I thought I would like it just knowing that. I was a Gourmet subscriber for over 25 years, and when I moved from Los Angeles to Del Mar, threw away 25 years of magazines. I just couldn't take them with me. Anyway, if you subscribe to The Nibble as I did, they send you an e-mail once a week, with their pick of the week. Their pick will probably be a food product that you do not know of, but will want to try after reading all about it. In addition to the pick of the week (and a little contest that you can enter to win food prizes) there is a plethora of information on food and nutrition. On the left hand side of the website is a list of topics to click. Dietnibbles, Koshernibbles, Nutrinibbles, Best Reads and Gourmet News. Each topic will take to you a whole new world. For example, I clicked on nutrinibbles, and besides finding healthy products and recipes, I found archives with dozens of articles on topics like anioxidents, green tea, etc. You will find yourself lost in one interesting topic after another.

I am warning you in advance. Do not go to this website unless you have some time to really explore it. Lots of fun, some education and some new products to try. What more could a foodie like me want?

No comments:

Post a Comment