Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Dim Sum in Vista at Kung Fu Noodles

My friend Charlene told me about a Chinese restaurant in Vista that she thought I might like.  She was right.  What she didn't tell me was that it served traditional dim sum items and very little else.  That was fine with me.  I love dim sum, and going all the way to Convoy Street for dim sum is not always feasible.

Kung Fu Noodles is on E. Vista Way, just across from the new Sprouts in Vista.  It's in a shopping center.  There are lots of comfortable tables and it is modern and clean.  It is not a traditional dim sum restaurant in that you order at the counter, then they bring out the dishes as they are ready.  It does not have the full array of dishes you might find at a more traditional dim sum restaurant, where waiters and waitresses come around with carts loaded with delicious buns, baos, meats and vegetable dishes.

At Kung Fu Noodles you can count on fresh, handmade noodles, which makes their noodle soups delicious.  They also offer Dan Dan noodles, and chicken chow mein.  The rest of the menu is devoted to a variety of small buns, filled with pork, shrimp, chicken or vegetables, or larger baos that are steamed or boiled.  My favorite was the bean bao.  Pot stickers are pan fried and are delicious.  Ron's favorite dish was the fried chicken wings.  I don't usually eat them, but they looked so inviting, I tried one.  It was crispy on the outside, with the chicken tender and juicy inside.  We also tried a scallion and sesame seed pancake which was good, but a little heavy.

This is not a restaurant for those seeking a traditional Chinese restaurant.  It is strictly noodles and soups, buns and baos and potstickers.  It's really good, and I can't wait to go again and try some other menu items.

No comments:

Post a Comment