Monday, July 6, 2009

Great Lunch at Villa Capri

We used to eat often at Villa Capri (http://www.villacapriristorante.com/), in Carmel Valley, but since it is quite a distance from where we live now, I haven't been there in a while. I know they have expanded and have several locations, and reports from those that have eaten there lately are favorable. They do have an interesting concept that I think is a great value. They have a businessman's prix fixe lunch.

The three course meals start at $10.95, and go as high as $14.95. For $10.95 you get a Caesar salad or soup, grilled chicken with carmelized onions, eggplant and cheese, and dessert. For $11.95 you get the same starter choices with penne arrabbiata as the main course. For $12.95 you start with mozarella caprese or carpaccio caprese, followed by ravioli and dessert. For a little more they have a salmon dish. To me, this is a great value, as you would pay easily $30 for the same meal at night.

Villa Capri is also kid friendly, having several pizza and pasta choices for kids at very reduced prices. This is a great lunch choice when you're hungry, or when you're planning on a light dinner. The food is good, the price is right. I plan on going there soon. The fact that I don't live in the area anymore is no excuse. Distance has never been a problem for me. I figure once you're in the car, what's another 20 minutes? Tonight we're going to the Daily Grill in Irvine. That proves my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment