Friday, October 2, 2009

Great Recipe from Colorado


I brought back more than just great pictures of my new grandson Lennon from my recent trip to Colorado. I brought some incredible recipes, which I will share with you over the next few weeks. As I've said before, my son Phil is a fabulous cook, and he impressed me with each and every meal. Staying home for a few weeks have given him time to cook and garden. I enjoyed the benefits, and you will too, if you try some of these recipes. He does not cook from a recipe, so he gave me the measurements off the top of his head, and I can't guarantee the amounts. Taste everything, and adjust if necessary.




On the first night of my visit, we had a salad made from ingredients from his garden. It was just delicious. We had it with steak, but it woud go well with chicken or fish. You'll love this one.




Endive Radicchio Salad




1/4 head radicchio, chopped


1 head frisse (lettuce) chopped


belgian endive, chopped (use as much as you desire)


hazelnuts, to taste


fresh Parmesean cheese, sliced thin




Dressing




1/3 c. vinegar, combo of champage and white wine vinegar


1/2 good olive oil


1 T. honey


2 T. lemon juice




Mix all ingredients together, making sure the vegetables and cheese are cut in small pieces. Toss with the dressing, drizzle truffle oil on top before serving (optional). Serve on a large white platter, with the salad spread out over the plate, not piled up. It looks beautiful.




Serve the salad with the following bread: Slice good bread, and toast in oven or on top of an open grill (to create grill marks). Drizzle with olive oil and small amount of minced garlic. This is a great first course. You're going to love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment