Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Lima Beans You'll Actually Like


Many, many years ago (close to 50 years ago) my mom used to make the most wonderful lima bean casserole. Now I have to tell you I really don't like lima beans at all, in fact I have never eaten them any other way than the way she made them. I think it's the texture I don't like, but the sauce in this dish is so delicious, you'll forget what you're eating. I haven't made this in 40 years, but it popped into my head today when I was driving down Leucadia Blvd. and saw a sign for the lima bean festival. This is a great dish to bring to a pot luck dinner. It goes well with lamb, barbequed meats and chicken. Try it, you'll like it.


Lima Bean Bake


2 15 ounce cans of cooked lima beans

1/2 pint sour cream

1/2 cube butter

1 1/2 tsp dry mustard (add more to taste)

1/4 cup brown sugar


Melt butter, drain beans, and mix all ingredients in casserole dish. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. That's it. I hope you try this dish, and let me know if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment