Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Purreed Cauliflower and Parmesean Cheese


Don't close this blog just yet. I hope cauliflower didn't turn you off, because you'll be missing something if you don't try this recipe. A few weeks ago I was having dinner at my mom's house in Los Angeles, and she suggested we make a recipe suggested to her by her good friend Clyde. I said, "sure, why not?" until I heard it was cauliflower. Was I ever wrong. The recipe below is low calorie, healthy and absolutely delicious. You can make the same recipe with turnips and it would be just as good. Try it for a change. It's a good way to get your veggies, and believe me, you won't think you're eating cauliflower.

Purreed Cauliflower and Parmesean Cheese

1 medium head of cauliflower, cleaned and cut in florets
3 T. parmesean cheese
1/4 c. low fat milk or chicken broth, or as much as needed to think to proper consistency

Steam cauliflower florets until very tender. Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to blender, add parmesean cheese, liquid (milk or chicken broth), and salt and pepper. Blend until purreed, like mashed potatoes. Start with a little liquid, then add more as needed.

You will think you're eathng mashed potatoes. Honestly, it's that good. You could also add a little horseradish to give it a bit of a kick, or some garlic. Experiment with this easy, versatile side dish. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment