Friday, February 22, 2013

How I'm Spending My Birthday

Birthdays with my friends and family are never just a one day event. They last the whole month. Ever since I moved to the San Diego area in 2003, birthdays have always been an extended celebration. One memorable birthday was my 65th (a few years ago). My friend Molly (one day older than me) and I decided to throw ourselves a sushi party at Station Sushi. We invited about 20 people, pigged out on sushi, then ate a wonderful birthday cake. What a great way to celebrate. This year my celebration will consist of several small get togethers with friends, including a Newcomer's picnic for everyone celebrating in February, compliments of Debbie. On the actual day of my birthday I will of course, start out at the gym. That's pretty much the way I start everyday. It's what I love to do, and will take a spin class to start my day. Next, I will go shopping. Ron gave me a gift certificate to Lululemon which I will enjoy spending. I will try to squeeze in a quick trip to the dog park with Pepper. I have a wonderful group of park friends that I've met since Pepper joined the family, and I love to spend time with them. Then, David and Tracy are coming down from LA. We will spend the afternoon with them, then go to dinner at Vintana, in Escondido. What a wonderful way to spend the day. I know I will also have phone calls from mom, Philip and Brian and their families, to make the day absolutely perfect. In addition to all this, I've got a breakfast and a sushi lunch to round out the occasion. February has been hectic. Lucky my birthday only comes once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment