Monday, March 24, 2014

Coconut Pineapple Smoothie

Every time I go to Costco and see one of those $500 blenders demonstrated, I want one. They do everything! What I like best about them is they make ice cream in seconds out of fruits and veggies you'd never expect to find in ice cream. Last time I was there I sampled an ice cream made from pineapple, yogurt, carrots and a few other ingredients I can't remember. It was so delicious. I know I'm never going to buy that expensive blender, so I'll just continue to use my old blender that is fine for most things. You can use a regular blender for the following recipe and achieve great tasting ice cream. Remember to layer the ingredients, and freeze the banana for a thicker, ice cream like consistency. Coconut and pineapple just go well together, but you can use coconut water with other fruits to create more great tasting treats.

Coconut Pineapple Smoothie

Yield: (3) 8 ounce smoothies

1 cup coconut water

1 banana, frozen for a thicker consistency

...

1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple, roughly chopped into large chunks

dash of ground ginger

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Layer ingredients into the blender and puree until smooth and creamy. With the blender turned off, use a spatula to scrape the sides as needed. Scoop into glasses or bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment