Friday, January 2, 2015

It's 2015

It's a new year, and I've been thinking of ways to change my blog.  I've been writing 3-5 times a week for almost 4 years, and I want to make some changes.  Especially for my loyal followers, you deserve something new.  I plan to start a bi monthly blog titled "Just thought you should know."  It will be about many of the things I've been writing about for years, like unusual stories, or news stories that are not generally seen on the evening news.  I'm kind of a news junkie, especially political news.  I will try to keep my blogs fair and balanced as best I can.  I feel passionately about many issues, but my goal is to inform you.  Many people think a certain way on an issue because of a limited amount of information.  I will try to give you more information on topics, so that you can make an informed decision.

I've never made new year's resolutions, as I know I would end up breaking them.  Instead, I make goals for myself, some short term and some long term.  Setting short term goals works best for me, as I can get more immediate results.  For example, instead of setting a goal to go to the gym 5 times a week for the next year, I will set a goal of going to the gym15-20 times in the month of January.  If that's successful, I can set another goal for February.  My goal with my blog is two fold.  First, it's a great release for me.  I love to write, and I find pleasure in producing a good, short blog.  Second, I love to learn, and I find that by writing about issues that I don't know about or know little about, I can learn, while informing my readers at the same time.  If something is interesting to me, it's probably interesting to others, too.  So, I hope you like "Just thought you should know."  The first blog will be out next week.  Happy New Year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment