Monday, April 20, 2015

Chutney Chicken

Linda and I were enjoying a beautiful morning at the dog park, when we started talking about food.  Linda just cooks for herself now, and is always looking for recipes for one or two people.  She shared a recipe with me that I have to share with you, because although I haven't yet tried it, I know how good it will be.  Here it is.

                                                            Chutney Chicken

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
Store bought jar of chutney (any kind)
1/4 cup heavy cream (I would use half and half, just to keep it lighter)
salt and pepper to taste

In a hot skillet, add a little extra virgin olive oil, and brown the seasoned chicken breasts on both sides.  Then, add chutney and cream.  The amount of chutney you add depends on how sweet you want to make the dish.  Mix to incorporate all ingredients, and cover.  Let cook for 5 minutes.  That's it!  Nothing could be easier.  I would serve this over rice, couscous or quinoa.  You could also serve over noodles.

Having company for dinner?  Just double or triple the recipe.  It's so easy and you can make it ahead.  Thanks, Linda, for a delicious recipe.  I hope you all enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment