Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Unusual Birthday Celebrations

January is the biggest birthday month in our family.  My granddaughter Elsa, daughter-in-law Deborah, sister Madeleine, and son Brian all have birthdays in January.  We were talking at the dog park a while ago about how everyone celebrates their birthday and some of the unusual things we have done.  I had to share what my son Phil did for his 30th birthday.

He wanted to have an old fashioned roast pig, so here's what he did.  He bought the pig the day before the party (already dead and ready to be roasted), and put it in the bathtub in cold water overnight.  The next day, he got his fire going, and roasted that pig.  With it he served delicious baked beans, cole slaw and corn bread.  The pork was the best I've ever tasted.  Ron and I were happy to be there to celebrate his birthday in this most unusual way.  He had about 20 friends there, and we devoured that pig.  I thought this was "so Phil."  Most of us would cringe at the thought of having a pig roast, but that's just the kind of thing I would expect from him.  A great time was had by all.  Have you got any unusual birthdays to tell us about?

No comments:

Post a Comment