Friday, April 1, 2016

Kumquat Marmalade

My kumquat tree is in full bloom.  What should I do with all those beautiful, sour, kumquats?   Add sugar and make kumquat marmalade is the best I could come up with.  I have hundreds of kumquats, so I imagine I'll have marmalade for months.  The mixture of sweet and sour is really delicious!  I love chopping the fruit coarsely and getting a thick, sweet marmalade.  Here's my version.  Anyone with a kumquat tree should give this recipe a try.

                              Kumquat Marmalade

2 cups kumquats, chopped or sliced in thin discs, and seeds removed
2 cups granulated sugar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 orange

Clean and chop kumquats and place in large sauce pan.  Add juice of one lemon, and juice of 1/2 orange.  Cook fruit with the lemon and orange juice for about one hour, or until fruit is soft and fully cooked.  Then, add 2 cups of sugar, and cook mixture for approximately 20 minutes, or until mixture thickens.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment