Wednesday, November 9, 2016

What Do You Know About Pokeman Go?

Ron and I stopped at the 101 Diner in Encinitas for an apple pancake one Thursday, before heading to the senior center for our afternoon bridge game.  As we parked and walked to the restaurant, I noticed about a dozen people, mostly young boys (teens), but some women and some young children too, standing in front of a store, all looking at their phones.  I commented to Ron that this was a curious sight, and what in the world could they be doing?

We went in, had our lunch, came out 45 minutes later, and saw the same people, still standing in the same place, looking at their phone.  I said to Ron that I thought they might be playing Pokeman Go, even though I didn't really know what it was.  I felt compelled to ask one of the boys what was going on, and sure enough, they were playing Pokeman Go.

They 're trying to catch Pokeman, but I don't really know what that means.  All I know is that they were completely enthralled in what they were doing.  I have heard of people walking off cliffs while playing the game.  They are so engrossed in the game, that they forget there are cars and traffic out there.  For the life of me I don't understand it.  Maybe I'm just too old for the game.  My kids and grand kids don't play it, so I don't have a young person to help explain it to me.  Maybe next time I see a gathering of Pokeman Go players, I will ask for an explanation.  They'll think I'm crazy, but maybe one of them will explain what all the fuss is about.  I certainly don't get it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment