Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Finaly, Feeling Better

It's been 13 days since I had my right knee replacement.  This is the first day I have gotten up and felt human again.  Actually, day 1 and 2 were fine.  That nerve block they give you makes you feel invincible.  But, being a veteran of several surgeries, I knew what was to come.

On day 2 I moved to Seacrest Village for rehab.  I was there because going home and taking care of Ron was out of the question.  Dan, our nurse, driver, dog walker, cook, housekeeper and all round fantastic companion, was home to help Ron.  That worked out better than I could have imagined.  Ron was happy and well taken care of, and I could comfortably rehab at Seacrest without worry.

I spent 7 days at Seacrest, working hard at physical therapy, visiting with lots of friends, and resting.  Not much sleeping, but lots of resting.

I walked out of Seacrest  on May 10, and I have been recovering at home ever since.  A full replacement, I would find out, is a lot harder than a partial.  I am now on  day 13, am taking meds every 6 hours, doing PT at home (Iknow all the exercises) and sleeping.  Finally, I sleeping better.  I think the lack of sleep is due to the Norco, which makes me edgy and unsettled.  The sooner I get off it, the better I will sleep.

I will have more to say about the surgery, the meds, the rehab, and the incredible support I've gotten from family, friends and neighbors, in future blogs, but for now, I just wanted to let you know that I'm back among the living, feeling good, but not great.  As if knee surgery weren't enough, I have a torn rotator cuff too, which the doctor has been treating with every 3-4 month cortizone shots.  It's been 4 months since my last shot, I'm really hurting, so I'm off to Scripps Rancho Bernardo this morning for a shot.  I know I will be smiling when I leave Dr. Alberton's office.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment