Friday, January 24, 2020

Panini Kebob and Grill Bressi Ranch

For months I've been hearing about Panini Kebob and Grill in Del Mar from my friends who live in the area, but until they opened in Bressi Ranch last month, I never had occasion to try them.  I went there for lunch with Audrey in November, and it was so good I went back a few days later for dinner with a few friends.  The Bressi Ranch location has a lovely covered outdoor area, plus plenty of indoor dining.  The waitstaff is friendly and helpful.

On my first visit to Panini Kebob I had a vegan meal.  Well, Audrey did anyway.  I had a little tzadiki, which is not vegan.  We ordered the falafel platter.  Hummus, six falafel, tzadiki, lots of pita, and lots of sliced cucumbers.  Everything was fresh and delicious, and there was plenty to eat.  We split the platter and were very satisfied.

My next visit a few days later was for dinner.  There were three of us.  This gave me a chance to sample several other menu items.  I order the date salad.  It was delicious and very satisfying.  Dates, currents, nuts, cheese and lettuce in a  raspberry vinagrette  was a perfect combination.  It was served with a big portion of pita.  Wendy ordered a chicken and brie panini.  It was served with a side salad, and was so big she took half home.  Phyllis ordered the salmon wrap, again big enough to share.  It was a combination of lots of veggies, like lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, parsley plus the salmon, on a large pita and rolled into two large servings.  She raved about it.

The only thing lacking from Panini Kebob and Grill is a few of my favorite Mediterranean salads, like babaganouch and tabouli.  There is no dolmas or spanikopita either, but the good fresh kebobs, fluffy rice, fresh vegetables, and tangy tzadiki will keep me coming back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment