Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Reconnecting With Old Friends

I'm not much for New Year's resolutions, but I do feel that this time of year is a good opportunity to reach out to friends you haven't seen or heard from in a while.  I made of list of about a dozen people that I hadn't seen or heard from in a long time.  Life sometimes gets in the way of staying connected with everyone!  Anyway, I am sure glad I did.

I reconnected with a woman I hadn't seen in 10 years!  Her husband was at Taft when Ron was there, and we became very close.  We would drive to Taft on Fridays together.  What memories we have shared.  It turns out she and her husband now live in Dana Point, just a few miles from us, so we are going to get together soon.

Another friend was a Carlsbad neighbor who I haven't seen in over 5 years.  We saw each other everyday.  We walked our dogs together, and although we did not see eye to eye on anything politically, we were very close and had great respect for one another.  We will also get together with them soon.

Another friend, Kay, was my bridge partner for many years when she lived in Solana Beach and I lived in Del Mar and then Carlsbad.  We played bridge every Tuesday night for years.  Sadly, she moved north to Huntington Beach and our bridge partnership ended, but I think of often, so I contacted her a few days ago.  She was thrilled to hear from me and told me that she still has the aloe plant I gave her 9 years ago.  It has grown into a monster.

Connecting with old friends feels so good.  I'm so glad I did, and it seems they were happy to hear from me, too.  This is a great time to do so, as we get ready to face a new decade.  Happy new year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment