Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My Thoughts

 This is not a political blog, and I was never much interested in politics until the days of George W. Bush.  As the years went by, I got more and more involved, watching a lot of political news and working for candidates.  I have been glued to the TV for several years now, but I think that is coming to an end.

Over the past 4 years, Ron and I were both very involved in politics, and were very upset when Hillary lost.  What I have felt during the past almost 4 years in indescribable.  My level of anxiety has been so high.  I would never know what crazy or dangerous thing would happen next.  I am heartened by the fact that more people wanted to end this craziness than not.  But, over 70 million people voted for Donald Trump, which means Joe Biden has one hell of a job ahead of him.

Joe Biden will be a steady hand, a calm leader, one who relies on facts and science to guide him.  His first job will be to try to get the pandemic under control.  Who knows how it will be raging by January?  I hope people don't expect everything to get fixed at once.  It will take time, but he will have good, strong leaders to get us where we need to be.  He will work on healing our divisions.  He is the man to do it.  He knows everyone, and is a deal maker.  Most importantly, I can go to sleep with a clear mind, and wake up and not have to feel I have to turn on the TV.  I have confidence that Joe Biden will lead us back to "Normal." 


No comments:

Post a Comment