Sunday, November 1, 2020

New Openings in North County San Diego

I never thought I would be writing about new business openings, mostly restaurant openings, during the height of the pandemic.  Restaurants are closing!!  How on earth are restaurants opening at this time, and is does this make good business sense?

Nicks, one of my favorite restaurants in San Clemente  and several other Orange County locations, finally opened in October, in One Paseo, in Del Mar.  Although I didn't have the best meal when I was there for dinner in October, I will definitely give it another try.  I think I ordered the wrong thing.  I strayed from my favorite choice, the prime rib sandwich or the steak salad.  I went for the fried chicken and mashed potatoes, which was over salted to me. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and has lots of open air dining.

In Cardiff by the Sea, a new restaurant called Waverly, has taken over where Rimel's failed.  I have not been there personally, but it's on my list of places to try.

Around the Lumberyard in Encinitas, lots is changing.  On the west side of Coast Highway Brixton, a men's clothing line is opening.  On the east side of the street, a new Himalayan restaurant is opening.  I don't know if this is the same owners as Himalayan Kitchen in Encinitas, because there is no name posted yet, but I look forward to trying it.  A gourmet ice cream sandwich shop is also soon to opening in the Lumberyard.  Also around the Lumberyard, Prager bakery has been open for about six months now, and is doing a fantastic business.  There's a line of about 10 people waiting to get into the store every time I pass it.  

On Convoy, you might want to try Famous Waffle Sandwich, a popular sweet and savory waffle shop from Asia.  

In La Jolla on Prospect, you can now find Spiros, a Mediterranean restaurant.  They have another location in Coronado.  The La Jolla location has lots of outdoor seating, and is a good choice for those that want to eat outside.

So, if you're feeling safe in doing so, here are some new restaurant choices.  I have several that I will try in the next few months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment