Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Bridge at McDonald's

 Anyone who knows me well, knows how I love bridge.  During the pandemic, all games have been on line.  I play every other Wednesday at 12:50 on line with Jill, one of my favorite partners.  I really look forward to it, so when my internet went down on a Wednesday a few weeks ago, I didn't know what to do.

First, I called Jill to tell her I probably wouldn't be able to play.  No internet.  We had been having cable and internet problems for 2 days.  The Cox trucks were everywhere, but didn't seem to be making progress.  I noticed they were working on the street close to my house, so I went over to talk to them.  They didn't think things would be fixed until the evening.  I was so upset, but always the problem solver, I came up with a solution.

I made a nice salad that I packed up and took in the car with me as I drove to the local McDonald's, about 1/2 mile away.  I took my ipad with me, hoping I could use their wi fi, while sitting in the car.  It worked. For the next 2 1/2 hours I sat in my car and played bridge with Jill.  I ended up playing on my phone.  For some reason unbeknownst to me I was unable to connect using the ipad.  In any event, I ate my lunch and played, and watched the world go by.  It wasn't our best bridge game, but it sure was fun.  

I keep repeating the old saying, "Where there's a will, there's a way."  I had the will, and I found a way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment