Friday, March 25, 2022

Bread Is My Nemesis

 As a lifelong woman with a weight problem, I am always looking for ways to keep eating the foods I like and keeping my weight under control.  One of my favorite foods is bread:  hot crusty bread fresh from the oven is probably my favorite, but I also love croissants, English muffins, warm pita bread, naan, and bagels.  Who doesn't like a good bagel?

Marilyn and Melanie, my two friends who give me the best cooking ideas as we travel the WW road together, recently sent me a recipe for a two ingredient bagel.  I laughed at the idea, but when I tasted the bagel, I was blown away.  This tasted like a real bagel, and it was only 2 points!!  A regular bagel is about 9 points.  The bagel is made from self rising flour and non fat greek yogurt.  That's it!!  You can top the bagels with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, Everything Bagel seasoning or coarse salt.  You can also use the dough to make a pizza or naan.  I'm off to the kitchen right now to make a batch of dough.  

I am having an impossible time getting the recipe into this blog, so you will have to google the following:  Weight Watchers 2 ingredient dough.  Read the whole recipe.  It's just 2 cups of self rising flour and 2 cups of non fat greek yogurt, but it gives you advice if you dough is too sticky  or too firm.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment