Friday, March 18, 2022

Wynston's Ice Cream Shop in San Marcos Is A Blue Ribbon Winner

 If you ask most people where they get their news, they'll tell you CNN, Nightly News, New York Times, or San Diego Tribune.  Ask me, and I'll tell you I get the best stories, information and gossip from my local dog park and my monthly visit to the hairdresser.  (Well, not really, but I do get some great information in these two places).

Tracy has been my hairdresser for the past 7 years, ever since I moved to Ocean Hills.  She and her friend Isabelle have a front space in Phenix, next to Albertson's in Vista.  Between the two of them, they must cut and color hair for half of Ocean Hills and the customers that are there always have interesting stuff to share.

I was there in February, and the man in Isabelle's chair started talking about the most delicious ice cream shop in San Marcos.  Its chocolate ice cream had won a blue ribbon!  I had to check it out.

Wynn's Ice Cream Shop opened in 2020.  It is the creation of the Wynn family, transplants from the midwest.  Their ice cream was an instant hit, but there were problems with the name.  Wynn's is a trademark name (Steve Wynn from Las Vegas), and they had to change the name.  Thus, Wynston's became the name not long ago.

All their ice cream is handmade, in house, and it is delicious.  Some of their most popular flavors include cookies and cream, mint chocolate chunk, chocolate (award winner), Malted milk brownies, butter pecan, That cookie dough, and vegan coconut Ube (an Asian root vegetable).

Today, everyone loves Handel's, but I think you will like Wynston's just as much.  Give it a try if you're in the San Marcos area near Twin Oaks.


No comments:

Post a Comment