Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's Earth Week Again

It seems like we just celebrated Earth Week, but it was a year ago. How time flies. It used to be Earth Day. Now they have Earth Week and Earth Month. April is Earth Month. April 18-25 is Earth Week, and Earth Day is April 22. It's a lot to keep straight. In any event may retailers are offering freebies or price reductions to get you into the store and get you thinking about conserving our planet.

Last week I told you about a number of specials for tax day. Now I have some Earth Week specials to tell you about and some websites where you can get coupons. I know I said I was getting away from telling you about coupons, but the planet is very important to me, and I will do anything I can to get people thinking about reducing their carbon footprint.

Target is giving away a great reusable bag until they run out. I was there on Sunday and they had plenty more. Walgreens is offering a $1 inkjet refill on 4/22. The National Parks Service is waiving entrance fees from April 17-25 in order to help encourage Americans to use and enjoy the parks. Great idea. The Disney Store is giving away a free baseball cap on 4/22 to anyone who comes in with six empty water or soda bottles. Scholastic. com is offering 15% off on all purchases with code AFFEARTH. Hope you can take advantage of some of these.

Also, there are many organic food companies that are offering discount coupons on their food items if you go to their website and register. A few of the many companies I found were Cascadian Farm, Stonyfield and Knudsen. Go to the website, register, and download the coupons.

Every little bit helps in these difficult times. Earth Week also raises our awareness about the planet. If you're like me, you get complacent and slip back into bad environmental habits if you're not constantly reminded. This week will remind us all that we must continue to work hard to reduce our carbon footprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment