Friday, April 9, 2010

Pay It Forward in Practice

Not long ago I wrote about the concept "Pay it forward." Tyra Banks promoted this idea on her show, there was a movie about the idea, and I've heard on the news many times about good people trying to help others. Well, today I heard about a friend of mine who actually put the idea into practce.

I was out with a friend of mine, just having a good time, when my friend starts to tell me about her trip to Hooters last night for dinner. Her husband loves the chicken wings at Hooters, so they drove all the way to Hooters in Vista, just for the chicken wings. That's about a half hour trip for chicken wings. Anyway, if you've ever been to the Hooters in Vista you know that it is frequeted by lots of marines from Camp Pendleton. Well, my friend and her husband picked up the check for three marines sitting at the next table. This is excatly what Pay it Forward is all about. Spontaneous acts of kindness. When I asked my friend what the marines said, she told me they were shocked but very appreciative. I plan to perform one spontaneous act of kindness next week. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment