Friday, May 6, 2016

Cruisin' Grand

My mom came down to visit for a few days.  I picked the time when Art Alive was being presented, and I will tell you more about that beautiful event at another time.  On a Friday evening, my mom, Ron, and I drove to Escondido to have dinner at one of our favorite places, Intertwined.  I had forgotten that Friday night was the night that Escondido is bustling with people and cars, all there to attend Cruisin' Grand.

Every night from April through October, Friday night is a real happening in Escondido.  We got there at 7pm which I would not recommend.  Parking was a nightmare.  We got lucky, having a handicapped placard we were able to park just two blocks away from Intertwined.  For four or five blocks around Grand Avenue, the streets are filled with vintage cars, most restored impeccably.  People bring a portable chair, and pull up a seat on the sidewalk and do some serious people watching.

My suggestion is to try Cruisin' Grand on a warm summer Friday night.  Arrive around 5pm, find a bar or restaurant with an outside patio facing Grand Avenue, order a drink and some Happy Hour appetizers.  That's a great way to enjoy the cars, the food, and the people watching.  It's great fun!  (If you've been to Intertwined in the past, they have made some changes.  They still have the same delicious food, but they now have more small plates and less large entrees).

No comments:

Post a Comment