Friday, May 19, 2017

A Morning At Target

I will often stop at Target on a weekday morning after I work out.  It's usually around 9-10:30 am, and the store is filled with shoppers, mostly moms and their young children.  Mothers have dropped off the older kids at school, probably gone to the gym to workout, while their toddlers attend day care at the gym, and then they go to Target.  The women I am referring to all look alike.  They are all wearing black yoga pants, tennis shoes, a cute, tight fitting shirt, and more than likely have a phone to their ear.  The kids are in the shopping basket.  When they finish their shopping, which often takes a long time, as they run into friends along the way and stop and chat, they go to the in store Starbucks for coffee and treats for the kids.  All the money they saved shopping at Target will be spent at Starbucks, where the cost of refreshments for mom and two small kids runs $10-$15.

I used to have the perception that the shoppers at Target were less affluent than those that shopped at more high end department stores.  That is simply not true.  Everyone shops at Target (just like everyone shops at Costco), because everyone wants to save money.  I just find it so funny that all the women that shop there during the week look like the trendy moms in Brentwood, Beverly Hills, and Larchmont, in Los Angeles.  It may just be the location of this one particular Target that I go to (Encinitas), as I have gone to other Target stores and have not noticed the same thing. Just a silly observation that I thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment