Friday, May 26, 2017

Escape From Margaritaville Will Make You Feel Good

Want to spend two hours, clapping your hands, singing songs you know, and just overall feeling good all over, go see Esacape to Margaritaville, now playing at the La Jolla Playhouse.  We went on Tuesday night, a few nights before their official opening, and they were still tweaking some of the scenes.  I really haven't enjoyed an evening at the theater this much in a long, long, time.

If you liked Mama Mia, you will love Escape to Margaritaville.  They've taken a simple story and woven many of Jimmy Buffett's best songs into the story.  It will make you smile and cheer.  I felt, for two hours, that I was in Margaritaville, enjoying the island along with the guests at the Margaritaville Hotel.  The cast was terrific.  Dancing and singing was outstanding.  The special effects were fun.  In all, just a wonderful evening.

If you want to go have brunch with the cast, call Torrey Pines Hotel, where on June 10 they are having a brunch with the cast for $95.  No, I won't be there, but for some this is a great opportunity to meet and chat with members of the cast.

When I get in my car today, I will set my Sirius radio to the Margaritaville station and keep the good feeling going.  I hope you get a chance to see this wonderful show before it hits the road, hopefully for Broadway.

No comments:

Post a Comment