Monday, May 15, 2017

More Than You Can Ever Eat At Eggstasy

On our February trip to Phoenix to visit some high school friends of Ron's, do some tax work, and simply relax, we had breakfast at Eggstasy one Sunday morning.  Eggstasy gives new meaning to the word gigantic.  I was mighty hungry, yet still couldn't finish my meal.  Ian and I had just played 2 hours of pickleball at the local courts.  Although the weather was beautiful, around 70 degrees, the sun was hot and I was tired.  Ron and I met Ian and Carol there for Sunday brunch.  We were not disappointed.

The restaurant is large and noisy.  high ceilings, cold floors and windows add noise, so much so, that you're almost screaming to be heard.  If I went back again, I would go at an off time.  I like to talk to the people with whom I am dining.  Anyway, they have a long row of tables in the middle of the restaurant that are put next to one another, like a huge family table.  Around the rest of the restaurant are tables for four or six.  There's also a bar on one side, where some singles chose to eat their breakfast.  The bar offers specialty coffees, juices and mimosas.  Our server was so friendly and helpful and made the task of ordering from the huge menu painless.

Everything a Eggstasy is huge.  I ordered one of the many savory crepes.  It had spinach, mushrooms and cheese, and was topped with a cream sauce.  I was served three large crepes, of which I could only finish half.  Ron ordered a french toast that was enough for 2-3 people.  It was huge slices of thick brioche bread, dipped in batter, fried, and topped with cooked, sweetened apple slices and carmel sauce.  Carol ordered a healthy bowl of quinoa and veggies, topped with a couple of fried eggs.  She actually finished her meal.  Ian ordered a traditional bacon and eggs breakfast with delicious hash browns and toast.  The menu offers just about any breakfast or brunch item you could think of, from plain old oatmeal, to eggs benedict, and every kind of egg or omelette dish, crepe, waffle or pancake you could think of.  How about pumpkin cheesecake pancakes?

Food was delicious, service was great, and except for the high level of noise, this place is a winner.  It's on Shea in Scottsdale.  Try next time you're in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment