Wednesday, August 16, 2017

More New Restaurants in San Diego

I can't keep up with all the comings and goings in San Diego, but it's not for a lack of trying.  I"ve got some new places for you to think about and hopefully try.  Here goes.

Himalayan Kitchen in Encinitas, in the Sprouts shopping center, sounds very interesting.  I'm not sure how long it's been there, but I just recently noticed it, and hope to try it soon.  It serves food from Bengladesh, India and Nepal.  I have heard is delicious.

508 Tavern opened recently in Vista.  It's got lots of craft beer for those that love beer, and a pretty good food menu to go with it.  Their most popular item is Korean tacos, but they have many other delicious sounding appetizers, small plates and entrees that will entice you.  Another tavern in North County.

Craft Burger has been open for a while, and I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been there.  It is owned by a friend of Ron's, Alex Morrison.  Alex owned a fine dining restaurant prior to Craft Burger, but the Carlsbad crowd was more into casual dining, so he opened Craft Burger.  It's in old Carlsbad, and from those I know who have eaten there, delicious.  1/2 pound burgers with just about anything you want on them:  avocado, blue cheese, onions, barbeque sauce.  They also make in house frozen custard, which is reason enough for me to try it.  If I'd know that earlier, I would have already eaten there, but I will try it soon.

Oscars has recently opened in Encinitas, at the corner of Coast Highway and Encinitas Blvd.  (Leucadia Pizza center).  It replaces another Mexican restaurant.  I know nothing about it, except I have heard from several people that the food is good.  I think they have several other locations.

I also want to mention that Lazy Acres in Encinitas has a wonderful take out section.  My favorite station is the make your own poke bowl station.  They have all the ingredients displayed, and all you do is tell the server what you want in your bowl.  If you like poke, try it.  They sell it by the pound, so it can get expensive, but very good.

That's all for now.  Keep me updated if you have anything new to tell me about.  I'd love to hear from those of you that live in other parts of San Diego.  I can't get to everything, so you need to help by letting me know of new places I should check out.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment