Monday, July 9, 2018

Mendocino Farms Del Mar: Good, Healthy Food

Their slogan is "We sell happy,"  and you will definitely leave Mendocino Farms happy and healthy.  They've been in business in L.A. for several years now, but I just haven't had a chance to get to one of their seven L.A. locations.  Luckily they are expanding, and have opened in Del Mar Highlands.  Meena and I had lunch there, and I was so "happy" to have found this restaurant.

It's a sandwich and salad restaurant, each menu item made from fresh, local ingredients, and loaded with flavor.  I couldn't decide what to get, so Meena and I ordered the vegan banh mi sandwich and a delicious salad, loaded with beets, goat cheese, nuts, apples and a great dressing.  We shared, and were stuffed and satisfied when we left.  We also had a chance to sample some of their side salads.  I tried the quinoa and beet salad, Meena tried the "world's healthiest salad."  Both were excellent.  Other menu items include lots of sandwiches, so typical, like a turkey club, but some like the vegan banh mi and Peruvian steak, a bit unusual.  Salads were outstanding too.  Cobb, Asian spring roll salad, and Chinese chicken salad were just a few of the options.

Did I mention how friendly the employees were?  They made you feel welcome and made ordering easy.  You order at the counter, then the food is brought to your table.  I can't wait to go back to Mendocino Farms again.  I just  wish it was closer to me.  Hopefully they will open in Carlsbad, Oceanside or Encinitas sometime soon.  This is one restaurant where the calories listed on each menu item won't deter you from ordering.  You're going to love Mendocino Farms.

No comments:

Post a Comment