Monday, September 26, 2022

I Love Road Trips

 In April I took a road trip with Regina and my mom, Dorothy.  We were great traveling companions, so we decided to plan another trip.  I recommended a trip to Ohio.  Ohio?  What's in Ohio?  Alot.  

I've found that every region of the country has it's own charm, and no matter where you travel, you will find much of interest.  The more I looked into Ohio, the more interesting it sounded, so what we have come up with is a truly fascinating one week trip.

What does Ohio offer?  Well, first of all, we are going in October, so we will see the changing of the leaves, something that is always a delight.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is something I wanted to visit in Cleveland.  Many Amish communities dot the landscape, many of them offering tours to visitors of  the farms and homes, and even buggy rides.  Many of the beautiful covered bridges in our country are also in this area.  Beautiful national parks, caves and caverns (love them), ancient Indian ruins, and small towns with historic districts are all of interest to me.  On our drive from Cleveland to Cincinnati we will also visit historic homes, many restored and available to visit.  And what would a visit to Ohio be without a tour of the Fanny Mae Chocolate Factory?  

I'm excited about this trip in October, and when I return, I will tell you all about it.  I hope it's all I'm expecting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment