Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Green Chili Verde Chicken Chili


 There's no better time for chili or soup than fall.  I had a bridge party recently, and served a delicious dinner that included a rotisserie chicken from Costco.  You know how big those chickens are, so I had to do something with the leftovers.  Here's what I did, and was it ever delicious.  I made a chicken chili, using green chili verde sauce.  It freezes beautifully, so I ended up getting six meals out of the leftovers.

To say that it was easy, is an understatement.  The hardest part of the recipe was taking the chicken off the bone and shredding it.

                                                     Green Chili Verde Chicken Chili


2 cups shredded cooked chicken

2 cups mild green chili verde sauce

4 cups chicken broth

4 small can chopped green chilis, mild

2 cans northern beans, drained and rinsed

1/4 cup cilantro (optional)

1 tsp cumin

chili powder to taste (add at the end)

salt to taste(add at the end)

Throw everything in a pot and heat.  That's it!!!!

I froze most of it, in small batches, for future dinners when I don't feel like cooking.  It is really delicious.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment