Friday, February 17, 2023

Helpful Household Tips

 I had just gotten my new all electric Chevy Bolt (my second one) back in the rainstorms in January, and my charger wasn't working.  I'd never had a problem before, so at first I thought there was something wrong with the charger.  When I discovered a hissing sound, I thought perhaps water had gotten into the outlet.  I mentioned this to Regina who told me to take my hair dryer out to the garage, plug it into a 110 outlet, and dry the the 240 volt outlet for a few minutes.  Wouldn't you know it worked!!  I was astounded, since I had an electrician out the day before and his thoughts were to have me spend $1000 for an adapter.  Thank you Regina.

That got me thinking about all the household problems and how to solve them.  Here are just a few helpful household tips.(not all of these have been tested by me)

1.  Hold a piece of bread between your teeth while peeling an onion.  It will prevent tears.

2.  Add a few tablespoons of white vinegar to your dishwasher.  Regardless of what kind of soap you use, your dishes will come out shiny and spotless.  (it works, I use vinegar all the time)

3.  Place candles in the freezer for three hours before burning.  They will burn much longer.

4. To remove cooking oil stains from clothes, was with regular shampoo.

5.  Plant mint around your house to prevent mice, rats, ants and fleas.

No comments:

Post a Comment