Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Egg, Green Chile and Cheese Casserole

I love breakfast and brunch. Many of my favorite foods appear on breakfast and brunch menus. I love casseroles, from mac and cheese to the egg casserole I have for you today. A few months ago I attended a wonderful pot luck brunch and my favorite food at the brunch was Judy's egg, green chile and cheese casserole. I had totally forgotten about this wonderful dish. I used to make it for dinner with a green salad and tortillas, but it's great as a breakfast or brunch item too. Here is my version of the dish.

Eggs, Green Chiles and Cheese Casserole

1 dozen eggs
1 pint sour cream
4 ounce can chopped green chiles
1 large grated longhorn or cheddar cheese or combination of both

Beat egg, then mix in sour cream. Spray 9X13 inch pan with cooking spray. Put a layer of cheese on bottom, layer of green chiles, and pour eggs and sour cream mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are firm. Let it sit for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve with salsa if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment