Friday, March 25, 2011

More Food News From Food Expo, 2011


Frozen and refrigerated products packed the food show. Ethnic food is everywhere. My very favorite was Tang's Natural. These products were part of the line of food from Bruce Cost. Who is Bruce Cost? He's a chef and restaurant owner, and has now turned his attention to the grocery and frozen food section. He is an expert in Asian food, and I sampled his chicken, pork, and edamame baos in a whole wheat bun and potstickers. These were restaurant quality. Tang's will also offer Asian sauces soon. Also in the line of Bruce Cost food is natural ginger ale. Fantastic.

Another excellent product in the frozen section is Alexi. They offer potatoes of every kind. Chili lime sweet potatoes, Caribbean jerk russets, parmesean lemon russets and sweet potato puffs. One was better than the next. I would buy these any day, and will at Whole Foods.

Saffron Road is another frozen product that is restaurant quality. They have a vast array of chicken and lamb main dishes, like Samb Saag, Lamb Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Masala. Served over rice, it's a quick and easy meal. I loved these products.

Snap Dragon is another frozen food product that you will love. They must have dozens of different options, with names like Tokyo Teriyaki, Singapore Curry and Pad Thai ginger. Everything I tasted was excellent. They also make crackers. I highly recommend Snap Dragon.

Finally, Crave Pies were outstanding. This is another frozen product that you will definitely enjoy. They make a sweet potato pie and chicken mushroom pie. They also make several varieties of samosas: curry and beef steak, spinach and feta are just some of their offerings. Go to cravefoods.com for more information.

You may think from the blogs I've been writing about the food show that I loved everything. No. I am only writing about what I liked. There were thousands of products there and only a few that I really thought were special. All of these frozen products were fantastic.

I almost failed to mention Evol Foods. I sampled burritos and bowls. Potato and egg, chicken fajita, and pork carnitas burritos were delicious. Their new bowls are a complete meal, and I sampled the chicken enchillada and chicken teriyaki. Excellent. Their newest product that will be available in Whole Foods in a few weeks is flat bread. Samples were not available, but reliable sources have told me that this is their best product yet. The flatbread crust is made in Canada. It is thin, crispy, and topped with wonderful ingredients. Go to evolfoods.com for more information.

Next time I will tell you about more products from the show that I know you will love. Look for some of these in your local natural food stores. They're all delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment