Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Great Sandwich For Very Few Calories

Subway has always been one of my favorite places to go for a delicious, low calorie sandwich. There are times when you're watching your weight that you've just got to have a sandwich. As good and healthy as Subway is, their lowest calorie sandwich is still almost 300 calories. With a little experimentation I have come up with a delicious sandwich for half the calories.

Buy Fill'Ems by Orowheat. They are sandwich rolls, but shaped more like a rectangle than a square piece of bread. Each roll is 100 calories. Here's what I do. I split the fill'ems and place three thin slices of turkey (about 40 calories). Next, I use a tofu cheddar cheese that melts and take 2 slices (40 calories) and put on top, place in the toaster oven to melt. When it's melted, I add sliced tomatoes, chopped lettuce, pepper rings and some good grainy mustard. Voila! You've got a Subway type sandwich for half the calories (I figure about 175). Granted, the bread isn't quite as good or as thick, but you get the full feeling of eating a big, hearty sandwich. Add a big piece of fruit and for 250 calories you have a declicious meal. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment