Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Bowl

On my most recent trip to Colorado, I sampled Evol's newest product, bowls. They will have four different bowls available in Whole Foods sometime in January, then in the spring they'll be nationwide. I sampled them, loved them, especially the Chicken Enchilada Bowl. I tried, but failed to recreate it on my own at home. I had to call Phil for help. He's not much for precision in cooking. He always tells me to use a little of this and a little of that. Here is my translation of what he told me. I would make this in a casserole. In the stores, the meal will be in single serving bowls in the freezer section.

Chicken Enchilada Bowl (Casserole)

2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
4 corn tortillas
1-2 cans green enchilllada sauce
white rice, cooked
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese-cheddar or jack or combo

In a casserole place a layer of cooked rice on the bottom. Sprinkle shredded chicken and cheese. Then dip tortillas in enchilada sauce and put a layer of tortillas down. Repeat process (like lasagna) and end with cheese on top. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over the whole thing. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. (you can add other things like chopped tomato, olives and onion if you like). Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment