Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Marscapone Meringue Dessert

Summer is coming, and instead of heating up your kitchen and baking, try this super simple dessert that everyone will love. Well, I love it because I love meringue. Whole Foods carries beautiful meringues for 99cents each. The store is high on most items, but the meringues are a bargain. I've been racking my brain for a cute name for this dessert, but until someone more clever than me gives me a better idea, I'll call it Marscapone Meringue Dessert. You can vary it in several ways, but here's the basic recipe. Oh, and by this way, this is my 1000th blog, since I started blogging several years ago. I can't believe it!! Marscapone Meringue Dessert 4 prepared meringues (buy them at Whole Foods or St. Tropez Bakery. The ones at St. Tropez are bigger, in fact a little too big for this dessert) 1/2 cup marscapone cheese 2 T. honey chopped pistachios whole strawberries Usually the meringues have a little indentation in the top, but if they don't simply scoop out the top part of the meringue to make a small well to put in the marscapone. Mix marscapone and honey. Use more or less honey, depending on your taste. The meringues are very sweet, so don't make the cheese too sweet. Add a spoonful of the cheese mixture to the top (well)of the meringue. Sprinkle with chopped pistachos, and top with a whole strawberry. Variations on this include using agave flavored with almond to sweeten the marscapone, then top with sliced almonds. Use any of the berries as a topping for the dessert. This is so easy and so elegant. I'm thinking of using it for a luncheon this summer. It would also be nice to make minis, by using small meringues. You can always make the meringues, but that defeats the purpose of a simple, hassle free dessert. If you've got a good name for this dessert, please let me know. In the meantime, try this one, and enjoy. By the way, I have made this dessert twice. It is delicious, but a little messy to eat. The meringues are hard to break, so it's best if you can find meringues that aren't so hard. The other option, is to break the meringue into bite size pieces, then continue with the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment