Monday, February 15, 2016

New Eating Ideas With Hungryroot.com

Sometimes I just browse the internet looking for new and interesting food ideas or human interest ideas to write about.  I recently stumbled upon the website hungryroot.com.  Food is delivered to you by mail.  It is not cheap, and I'm not even sure if it's good.  I haven't eaten it, but I thought I would tell you vegans, vegetarians, gluten free, and adventuresome eaters about it.  I'm not sure of the purpose of these food items.  I guess it's for those on a plant based diet, as everything is from vegetables.  Here are some of the items Hungryroot offers.

On the sweet side, you can get cookie dough made from chickpea, sweet potato and almond butter.  You can get coconut carrot cake bites, and sweet potato cacao mousse.  On the savory side you might want to try carrot noodles, cauliflower couscous, sweet potato noodle with creamy cashew alfredo, beet noodle, carrot noodle with tangy sriracha peanut, or daikon noodle in Korean scallion gochujang.  If any of this sounds good or maybe just interesting to you, visit hungryroot.com, buy some of the items, eat them and tell me how you liked them.  Most items are low in fat, calories and gluten free.  I don't know how they taste, so somebody help me out.  Just thought you'd like to know about another interesting food trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment