Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Fun With Friends

When was the last time you went out for the evening, had a few drinks, a great dinner, and enjoyed some good friends?  It's probably been a while.  Well, I did just this recently.  We all had a great time and felt safe doing it.

I always weigh the risk/reward before leaving the house.  Is what I am doing necessary or voluntary?  Will I be with people out of my "bubble"?  Will I be outside with social distancing?  I weigh all these factors before making my decision.  From what doctors and scientists know now, following these protocols is likely to keep you safe.  So, yes, I flew to Denver in August to see my children and grandchildren and yes, I go to visit my mom regularly, and yes, I go out to dinner with my friends.

We went to 333 Pacific, a favorite place for Ron and I when we were in the mood for lobster.  With the use of our Passport Cards, a lobster tail (2 tails) dinner is very reasonable.  333 also happens to have wonderful drinks.  I enjoyed an appletini, a departure from my normal red wine or margherita.  Fran had a key lime martini, which she loved.  I can't remember what the others drank, but they all enjoyed whatever they had.  Although the inside bar area was busy, as that is allowed now if food is also served, most people were outside.  333 has added a large outdoor dining area right in front of the Wyndham.  We enjoyed a balmy evening outside, with a magnificent sunset.

After such an enjoyable evening, I came home to the news that President Trump had tested positive for Covid-19.  No, Mr. President, you are not Superman, you can get the virus just like over 7million others have if you don't do everything to keep yourself and those around you, safe.  His reckless behavior is not only dangerous to him, but to everyone he comes in contact with.  Putting on a mask to save tens of thousands of lives seems like such a simple thing.  It's really tragic that it has become political and a sign of weakness.

During WW11 when London required lights out for everyone to keep the Nazis from knowing where to bomb, everyone complied.  Imagine what the result would have been if some had decided they didn't want to keep the lights off, and didn't comply.  The war may have had a different result.  We're at war with a virus, and everyone has to comply to beat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment